Center of support of technology and innovation (CATI)
Director of the center: Dr MASSIKA LANANE
Address: Campus Aboudaou
A contract was concluded between the National Algerian Institute of industrial property and Bejaia University on March 05th, 2012 in order to implement a center of support of technology and innovation (CATI) of Bejaia.
Projects of creation of these centers were launched in application of the agreement between the National Algerian Institute of Industrial Property and the World Intellectual Property Organization (OMPI) which committed to provide technical and material support.
The main role of these latter is to bring closer the university and the company and allow an information and training exchange and also follow the innovation patents of researchers.
This center is considered as a digital/ electronic library, as well as a training center and a support business center.
- It helps to improve national capacities and competences in the field of on-line database analysis relating to patents and millions of scientific and technical journals available on different social networks of the World Intellectual Property Organization (OMPI).
- Encourage the policy of promoting competitiveness of companies from industrial sector and in particular small and medium enterprises (PME).
- Stimulate innovation and technology transfer through establishing these networks, and thus allow emergence and development of a knowledge based-market, considered as the lever of creativity between research and economic sector.
The Center of support of technology and innovation aims to:
- Facilitate the exploitation of bases of implementation of CATI projects in Algeria that contains technical, legal and commercial information;
- Support activities related to technology transfer and training;
- Remind about the number of research and innovations that are not exploited because of lack of coordination between university and companies.